• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts mess up!

cmndwedge

Lurker
May 25, 2011
I am at the end of my tether here had so much grief trying to get the contacts sorted on my new phone.

To start with I had a google account but this used my yahoo email...but when starting the phone I did make a gmail account so both emails are kinda in my google account.

immediately linked Facebook to the account as well, and it seemed to load all my contacts from there but none of them had any numbers.

Luckily I had backed up all my numbers using windows contacts and tried to upload them using Kies, this seemed to upload them all to my google account and not the phone.

I wiped the phone and started again but it seems all the contacts I pull from facebook don't work and whenever I try to delete the google contacts it errors saying "deletion limit exceeded"??????

I thought i would try to find my google contacts on my PC but when I went to http://www.google.com/contacts it is completely empty.....

Where the hell is google storing these contacts and why is nothing working?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones