1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Contacts mess

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jajandio, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jajandio

jajandio Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Hi All!
    I got my X8 yesterday, and I have a couple of questions regarding my contacts.
    1) I imported all my contacts (50 contacts) from my SIM card. Also, I connected it with facebook, twitter, and google.
    Now, I have 811 (!) contacts. I'm aware that I can filter it to show me just the phone contacts, but the problem is, that just works when viewing the contacts list. When I'm searching for a contact, it searches among ALL of them. I don't have a problem with facebook or twitter, but my gmail si really a mess, every e-mail address I sent or received an email just once, appears on the list. Is there anyway to purge this?
    2) I started merging my phone contacts with my facebook and twitter ones, and that automatically loads the last merged contact picture as default. Is there any way to choose between the pictures in my contact, instead of it just using the last one added?
    3) Last one: how do I set the display name of the contact. It happens the same as with the picture: if I have a contact named "Charlie" and merge it with the facebook profile, it automatically starts calling it "Charles Montgomery Burns III", how can I tell the phone to just display Charlie again?

thanks a lot and excuse my broken english!

Advertisement

2. jajandio

jajandio Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Well, a little update to see if I can help anyone help me :)
    Investigating a little, it seems there's a way to tell google contacts to just sync "My Contacts" and not "All Contacts".
    In the HTC Hero, you do this:

The problem is, I haven't found this option in my X8... anyone has any tips?

thanks!

3. tanabe

tanabe Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2011
    try going to your contacts, press the option key (the left-most key) and select 'contacts to view' and tick/untick the accounts you need..

4. jajandio

jajandio Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    I did that. It solves it partially. On the good side, when you see the list of contacts, you just see the ones you choose. But when you start typing to search for a contact, it still displays all the "other contacts" from gmail...

5. tanabe

tanabe Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2011
    well yes, when you search, ALL the contacts appear..
    i guess we have to live with it..