• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts, Messaging and even Settings apps keep crashing "Your application has stopped"

MgDark

Lurker
Apr 6, 2018
Model: BLU Advance 4.0

Carrier: Movistar (Venezuela)

Symptoms: The native apps of the phone will crash randomly, and after it starts crashing it wont let me open again until i reboot, and even then that is given to luck. Affected apps so far is: Calls, Contact, Messages, Settings, sometimes Google Chrome.

Steps tried to solve: Cleared Cache files, tried several restarts, deleted the most recent apps just in case.

Apps installed recently: Discord, Reddit is Fun(deleted), Cardinal Quest 2 (Game), Hotspot Shield VPN (deleted)(It was needed because Movistar Venezuela DNS blocks Reddit)

Would like to know what could cause those crashes and how i can fix them, they started to crash like a week ago, and that i suspect started since i installed HotSpot Shield

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones