1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Contact's Not Recognized On Incoming Calls. Why?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Worst Enemy, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Worst Enemy

Worst Enemy Newbie
    None

May 31, 2010
    Great got the Nexus. Not gonna complain about anything BUT!!

Contacts are not recognized on incoming calls.

I have *82 on a couple of hundred numbers: *82 123-555-1212. I have a blocked number that I unblock when calling friends etc. I did not have this issue on my previous Android phones using stock contact manager, Incredible or Thunderbolt.

I've seen posts about this with no solution. This is a joke. I don't want to manually add the number as other to each contact.

While I'm at it I will complain THE DIALER SUCKS!!

Advertisement

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    why does the dialer suck in your opinion?

for the contacts. could you explain a little more please? what is the *82 doing?

When you say you have a blocked number that you unblock when calling friends..how do you go about this?

when you moved from your previous device to this, did you just sign in with your google acct and let the numbers appear in from it?

3. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    IT god
    B'more
    If you have your line phone number "blocked" on VZW, you can unblock it on a per call basis by adding "*82" to the front of the number. So what he did is add "*82" to the front of the numbers in the phone book for people he wants to see his number.

the issue is when those people call him it doesn't show the contact. The phone is seeing "*82 888 555-1111" as a different number from "888 555-1111" that caller ID shows.

It seems like a programming issue to me. the ICS dialer looks at the whole number instead of just the last 10 digits.

4. Worst Enemy

Worst Enemy Newbie
    None

May 31, 2010
    Crashumbc your exactly correct on the setup. And I agree/hope it's a programming issue. This is a bummer.

Don't like the dialer because, does not auto fill contacts while typing and no voice dialer microphone. Simple but obvious stuff.

5. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    IT god
    B'more
    Have you tried any of the aftermarket dialers? I know some folks swear by them. Never used them myself though...

6. Worst Enemy

Worst Enemy Newbie
    None

May 31, 2010
    Hi. Yeah I'm using ADW Launcher EX. It's very good. I don't even care that much about the dialer. I want to know who's calling. Others have complained also so maybe in an update. :(

7. Worst Enemy

Worst Enemy Newbie
    None

May 31, 2010
    Hi. Yeah I'm using DW Contacts & Phone & Dialer Pro. It's very good. I don't even care that much about the dialer. I want to know who's calling. Others have complained also so maybe in an update. :(

Tags: