1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CONTACTS NOT SHOWING NAME

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by agpthng, Nov 8, 2019.

1. agpthng

agpthng Member

Recently when I get a text from certain individuals it just says the number not the name or the picture attached to them? Why would it change?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

If you jump into the contact, via the message, does it then take you to the contact like you expect it to? ALl the time the Messages app doesn't show me the pic of a person, but always shows number. Check the contact and make sure it still shows the google contact maybe?

3. agpthng

agpthng Member

It does but in the past the picture and name was also showing up. Just not lately on a couple of mine.

4. LordIV

LordIV Lurker

I've same problem. In last few weeks, I've noticed that contacts without area code (in my case +381), just with mobile number, stops showing contacts name. For one contact, I've changed mobile number and added area code, but nothing happened. From messages, I've tried to add displayed number to existing contact and nothing happened.
    Please help.

5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

And you're on a Pixel 3, using the google phone/contact app?

codesplice likes this.
  6. LordIV

LordIV Lurker

Sorry. I just saw, that I wrote on wrong forum. I have Xioami Mi A1.

NightAngel79 likes this.

Google Pixel 3 & 3XL Forum

The Google Pixel 3 & 3XL release date was November 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch or 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3430mAh or 2915mAh battery.

November 2018
Release Date
Reviews