1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

contacts not showing

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by paigeh2411, Dec 25, 2011.

1. paigeh2411

paigeh2411 Lurker

I just got my samsung android phone and i started to add new contacts and after putting a few in i went to my contact list and it tells me that there are no contacts to be shown, but if i search for the contacts that i have put in then it will take me to that one person. but i want to see all my contacts in a list. what do i do?? please help someone!:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. The first thing I want you to do is, remove and reinsert the battery (usually this fixes most problem). If the problem still persists open contacts/people and Tap menu, Tap on Import/export - then import your contacts from your SD card to your phone. Keep in mind that you may or may not get duplicate contacts. If so, you would have to delete them manually (long press on contacts and Tap delete).

Best of luck. Merry Christmas. ;)

paigeh2411 likes this.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

If you open your contacts app and then press menu>more>display options you can see which contacts are set to display in the app. The search feature will find contacts even if they are not set to display in the contacts list.

paigeh2411 likes this.
  4. paigeh2411

paigeh2411 Lurker

ok so i took my sd chip out of my new phone put it in my other phone and imported some contacts from the sd chip. but the other phone doesnt have all the contacts i need and still when i try to add new contact it still doesnt show up.??? ):

5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

What kind of phone do you have? It would be easier to redirect your phone's area of discussion. More members will be able to see your post and will try to assist you. In my signature Tap on the phones link - you'll be taken to a list of phones, scroll down to your phone and there you will see your phone's area of discussion. Best of luck.