1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Contacts not syncing and cannot be edited

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Marlz, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Marlz

Marlz Lurker

Starting about 2 weeks ago my contacts on my phone cannot be synced, added to, deleted, edited. If I try to add a new contact and hit save it just sits there greyed out (and not saving). Anything involving any syncing of contacts just sits there "working". Everything else syncing fine.

This is on all accounts on my phone. If I edit contacts through my google account on laptop everything works fine but never syncs to my phone.

Any ideas?

#1 Marlz, Jun 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. baizhou

baizhou Member

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can try other ways to help you add, delete, edite or sync your contacts on your Android phone. If there is a computer, my suggestion is Coolmuster Android Assistant, which can help you do those easily from the computer via USB cable connecting. About the details, you can search online. Hope this will be your help.

3. Marlz

Marlz Lurker

So it started syncing again. All I did was go through my address book and remove any entries with characters like / or *

I'm not sure if that is really what did it but it started working after that. Hope that helps