• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts not syncing

dunjamon

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2009
Is anyone having issues with googlemail contacts not syncing onto their milestone? I've tried the sync option, but the date/time stamp stays the same. According to my phone it synced last on 20/12 even though I have just tried now. If I then create the contact on my phone it will double it up when it does sync!

It's a bit weird...if I create a contact on my phone it does not sync with my email account, so I then create it on my email. Then when I select the contact on my phone it has all the info, but doubled! Works fine if I create the contact on my email, and then just let my phone sync up.

Upvote 0
It's a bit weird...if I create a contact on my phone it does not sync with my email account, so I then create it on my email. Then when I select the contact on my phone it has all the info, but doubled! Works fine if I create the contact on my email, and then just let my phone sync up.

I noticed the same problem as well. I had entered a contact on my phone (was a nexus one but is the same problem as i've noticed it in this thread for droid) and contact sync on. I get duplicate copies in the gmail contact. If i delete the gmail contacts (copies and original) but keep the droid contact, gmail contact would initially delete the contacts. But after a while, multiple copies would show up again. It's only when i delete the droid contact that the gmail contact copies and original won't appear.

this is definitely a synchronisation but in android v2.0, v2.1 (my nexus one was 2.1 while problems posted for droid was 2.0). Hopefully there'll be a fix soon. It's very very annoying.

Upvote 0
Umm,

This also appears to be happening to me as well...

My contact sync last took place on the 11th January - technically this was correct up until yesterday when i added a new contact directly in Gmail - which has now populated to the phone and is appearing as expected, but still this should show the correct date.

Add it to the list of issues i have been having with my Milestone so far!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones