• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts not working after Facebook issues

Arien

Lurker
Aug 25, 2010
Hi

There seem to be quite a few threads on issues caused by the Facebook link but few solutions, and nothing quite as drastic as I seem to have.

I had the problem that recently Facebook caused multiplt (10s!) of entries for each contact. I switched off the view in people but this didn't help with the text message list and in searching these forums found a suggestion to check in accounts & sync and delete the main Facebook account and unsync the Facebook for HTC as a clash between these was suspected.

However once I did this my contacts broke completely! Now nothing involving contacts - phone, text, people will load at all, the sync circle sits stationary in my task bar and the phone has generally gone slow and unhappy :(
(obviously have turned off and on, and removed battery)

Can anyone suggest anything to save me from a hard reset? (this is unsurprisingly the HTC helplines' suggestion)

many thanks

I had this problem, but I had a lot more than 10 of each contact...took it as the phone had trouble deleting so many contacts.

Well any way I done numerous battery pulls and didn't work. Had someone send me a message and to t ring my phone to see if it would work, which it did. Although the phone still had the same problem. Left it for an hour or so and it kind of restored it's self.

How long as yours been like this?

Upvote 0
Thanks Jimdriver2, I just got a response from the HTC help to my email (impressively quick :) ) which suggested similar.

If anyone else has same prob the solution was to go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Contacts storage and press the clear data button.

As I had all my contacts in Google I just then re-synced and all the contact data was restored and it all worked again. Have now lost the link to Facebook but not too fussed (other than missing the profile pics!)

PS to HTCandroid yes it was a lot more than 10 and has been a few weeks I think, not sure as wasn't paying much attention!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones