1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Contacts number and facebook...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by willbill0587, Feb 21, 2011.

1. willbill0587

willbill0587 Newbie
    None

Jan 15, 2011
    UK
    When I installed the facebook app, all my friends then appeared in my contacts list. Some of them don't have a phone number stored on facebook, but I do have their number on my sim.
    Rightnow I have some people with 2 contacts. 1 is the facebook contact, and the other is the contact from my sim with their phone number on it.
    Is there any way to 'merge' the 2 together so I have 1 contact for each person with phone number/facebook/email etc?

Advertisement

2. quantumrand

quantumrand Android Expert
    None

Sep 2, 2009
    Yes, you can merge contacts by long pressing on a contact and selecting Edit. Then, in the Edit screen, hit Menu and you will see an option called Join. This will let you merge multiple contacts into one.

You can also set the contact list to display only contacts with phone numbers by hitting the Menu button in main contact list and going to Display Options. This is very useful if you have a lot of people in your Gmail address book (I've collected some several thousand email contacts over the years), which make navigating the contact list a real pain.

willbill0587 likes this.
Tags: