• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contacts on phone won't save to gmail

haevn

Jul 25, 2010
Augusta, GA
ok i have contants that are on my phone but i can't find out how to get them to be saved on gmail so when i wipe my phone i have all my contacts? some how my contacts where removed from my gmail but still are on my phone and when i go to gmail to readd them it shows up double on my phone =/

ok i have contants that are on my phone but i can't find out how to get them to be saved on gmail so when i wipe my phone i have all my contacts? some how my contacts where removed from my gmail but still are on my phone and when i go to gmail to readd them it shows up double on my phone =/
There are phone contacts that are backed up thourgh Verizon's backup assistant and thier are gmail contacts. Sounds like you only have the Verizon phone contacts.

If they are in gmail, you can do a sync. If not, then go to myverizon, export your contact list, and then import it into gmail. then sync your phone and everything will be there. Find my other post on this issue for more exact instructions.

I'd recommend keeping both contacts loaded, as I mysteriously had a contact deleted from my phone. With gmail, it was gone, but with myverizon, it was still available to restore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones