1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Contacts/people prob!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jamesbil, Dec 30, 2011.

1. jamesbil

jamesbil Well-Known Member

I have been trying to find contacts on my HTC. All were saved to sim on my previous phone, about 220.
    Trouble is my HTC says there is only 185 on sim, and they are not on my other phone.
    How can I find them?
    I tried importing from sim to HTC but now I have 2 of every contact, How can I undo this?

Thanks
    James.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

What was your previous phone? Do you have the contacts anywhere else? Like Outlook or something on your PC??

3. jamesbil

Previous phone was a samsung b2700, i think I have a backup of contacts.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

It would have been easier if your new phone was a Samsung as well. Oh anyway, here:

Depends on where the backup is. Do you have Kies on your PC? On your old phone, transfer all the contacts from SIM to phone, then sync to Kies and export them to a csv format. On your PC, open your web browser and then open your Gmail account, or your Google Contacts (uses same Google account). Import the csv file from Kies.

On your HTC, connect to internet, using wifi or network doesn't matter. If your Google account has been set up, the phone will automatically download the contacts from Gmail (just make sure the phone has been set to display Gmail contacts). I would suggest saving your contacts from now on as Gmail contacts. Won't matter if the phone is not connected to internet, just choose Gmail. That way everytime you connect to internet, the contacts will automatically be backed up, easy to retrieve and transfer if you ever get a new phone again.

5. jamesbil

Thanks, just fixed it!
    I took the sim out, put in old phone to check all contacts were still there, deleted all on HTC, then put the sim back in, and it read them all this time.