• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts phone number display and sort order

wonder95

Lurker
Sep 16, 2010
I got my Droid 2 a couple weeks ago, and I'm having two problems with my contacts list:

1) For some contacts, the phone numbers aren't displayed when I view the contact. To see the numbers, I have to edit the contact. This is only true for some, not all. Is there a setting somewhere that this is controlled?

2) Sometime when I go into my contact list, I see a list of social media items for my contacts instead of their names (which is very frustrating). What controls this?

Thanks.

1. The phone number issue is known...caused by Facebook sync of contact information. If you turn off Facebook the numbers display.

You can tap on the picture and then on the Phone icon in the list that appears to access all the phone numbers for that account.

2. Never heard/seen that.

You might want to remove your Facebook account and add it again (assuming you want/need your Facebook account on the phone) and see if that helps.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. Today there's a new twist. Now they are displayed as the call history for the list. One thing I'm noticing is three white radio buttons at the top to the right of the list name, and the one that is selected now (the leftmost one) is different that the one that was selected when it was the other format (and neither is the one I want). Could that be the problem? If so, how do I change it that so whatever list I go to, it is the format I want?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones