• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts pics losing quality after sync (solved)

Triticale

Lurker
Feb 10, 2018
Hi everybody,

I'm new here. I'm suffering an annoying problem with my contacts pictures: when I synchronise them the pics are losing quality and shows very pixeled.
All contacts are stored on Exchange account and sync by "Exchange ActiveSync" feature.

I've tried the following actions to solve it unsuccessfully:

- Manage the profile pics from Outlook in the laptop
- Manage the profile pics from the mobile app
- I've changed the email and contacts apps: outlook, Gmail, Sony mail app, Sony contacts app, Android contactas app... always the same.
- I've tried to load a good picture from the laptop or mobile
- I've tried to load a low res picture (500x500 size and 72) from laptop or mobile

But the result is always the same: after the device sync the contacts with the Exchange server the picture quality decrease dramatically.

As far as I remember I worked without problems in the past with the same apps, devices and server, but now I'm suffering this problem in different devices.

Any idea?

Device: Sony Xperia X compact (it happened also in a bq A45 -androidone- device)

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones