1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Contacts Picture Updating on HomeScreen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pwannell, May 23, 2011.

1. pwannell

pwannell Member

Good afternoon all,

I am loving my SGSII its an amazing wonderful phone. Just wondering if anyone else has managed to get their contacts FB images to update on their homescreen. I have a list of about 10 contacts on 1 homescreen with their FB pictures however they NEVER appear to update! When viewing that contact in contacts their Profile Pic has changed but just never ever changes on the homescreen unless I delete the shortcut to the contact then add it again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You

Sounds like the action of setting the contact shortcut, polls facebook, gets the info, and saves the thumbnail, but only the once. You could try going to applications> management> find touchwiz, clear defaults. Then press home button, if this brings up a menu asking for default, just select touchwiz, if not it might just reload touchwiz. If either if these are true, then that MAY poll facebook again to update the shortcuts.

Or launcher pro has a facebook widget if you dont mind spending a lil.

3. pwannell

pwannell Member

I can't find touchwiz there at all.sorry

4. Hypeber

Hypeber Newbie

my contract on my phone actually won't even sync with Tue contacts on fb for some reason. then i tried sync all contact from fb to phone, then it only the contacts from fb has pictures. the original contacts has no pics

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews