1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Contacts pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dgrobe2112, Jun 23, 2011.

1. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    Male
    Waco, TX
    hey guys.. i got my new E3d yesterday.. and i did the bluetooth transfer of the contacts and such.. wish i wouldnt have.. cuz now i got an extra dang set of contacts in my list..

#1, is there a way to remove the contacts from the phone? all my contacts are google contacts.

#2, i cant get the pictures to show up in the contact. they are synced and everything. i can go into contact and view the links.. and they have pictures associated, but they dont show up..

Thanks in advance..

Advertisement

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    You have to go into your Google account, through a web browser, to remove the repeat contacts. Log in to Gmail, go to Contacts (upper left), and manually delete the extra contacts. Then just resync your device using Backup Assistant. It should clear out the extra contacts.

For #2, are you using Facebook contacts? Or manually installing pics?

3. dgrobe2112

None

Jan 11, 2010
    Male
    Waco, TX
    facebook contacts.. i can go into my contacts.. edit contact, and click on the icon for the picture.. and select their facebook picture.. but it wont auto do it for everyone..

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Don't know if this applies, but on Google Contacts web page, on the pull-down tool for More actions, there's an option to find and merge duplicates.

marctronixx likes this.
  5. dgrobe2112

None

Jan 11, 2010
    Male
    Waco, TX
    i did that.. but it doesnt change that none of my contacts in my phone have a picture associated with them.. and i dont wanna go down the list and select everyone and their picture..

6. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    The phone makes a best guess based on names, and usually doesn't do it automatically very well. I've always had to manually update pictures. Luckily, a number of my friends are idiots and leave their phone number available to people with their Facebook accounts, so I don't have to do it for those people.

But yeah, the manual method is the only method I know that works 100%.

sergi0wned and RichboyJhae like this.
  7. dgrobe2112

None

Jan 11, 2010
    Male
    Waco, TX
    well.. here is the deal.. all my contacts are sync'd.. they are tied to their facebook and everything.. it just wont use their facebook picture as contact picture..

8. thelonewizard

thelonewizard Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 5, 2010
    Student
    Indiana
    I have the same problem on my (soon to be ex) Samsung Intercept. I have it set to sync with my Facebook account, but none of my contacts have FB pictures. Yet I also have my twitter account set up, and it syncs the pictures. Granted, it's one person in my conctacts with a twitter, but still. I'll get my EVO 3D activated today and see if I can get my stuff to work.

9. dgrobe2112

None

Jan 11, 2010
    Male
    Waco, TX
    dont bluetooth your contacts from phone to phone.. i reset my phone.. since i just got it done.. and didnt bluetooth.. and everything is perfect.. :)

10. NCHornet

NCHornet Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    This happened to me as well. The guy at Sprint transfered my contacts from my Hero without logging into my Gmail. So tonight when I logged into my Gmail it doubled up most of my contacts. I noticed some are entered as a phone contact and some are google contacts. I think it was all the google contacts that doubled, but it may have been the other way around. I just went through and deleted all the double names. Is there a simple way to change them all to Google contacts without having to re enter all their info? Sorry for the newb question.
    Thanks
    NCH

Tags: