• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

contacts problem

ai_arif

Mar 27, 2009
I recently tried to sync the contacts with gmail via settings>data synchronization>contacts but it did not work and said sync is currently experiencing problems,it will be back shortly.But later i found all my contacts from the list are vanished leaving only my favs contacts.How can i recover my contact list?please help.

I recently tried to sync the contacts with gmail via settings>data synchronization>contacts but it did not work and said sync is currently experiencing problems,it will be back shortly.But later i found all my contacts from the list are vanished leaving only my favs contacts.How can i recover my contact list?please help.

Try this go into settings And check Auto-Sync .. & Ck Contacts ... and give it some time ....

When syncing is happening you will see the sync icon in the SystemTray of the Notification Bar at the top of the phone's Display .

Upvote 0
I tried that several times yet its not working..still saying sync is experiencing problems.btw its not working only while synchronizing contacts..other stuffs such as calender..mails are synchronizing fine..

Try this go into settings And check Auto-Sync .. & Ck Contacts ... and give it some time ....

When syncing is happening you will see the sync icon in the SystemTray of the Notification Bar at the top of the phone's Display .

Upvote 0
I did restart the phone when at the first time i saw my contacts are missing.. i think i should add to that- some of the contacts went to favorites even though i had only one favorites before.. and they all are scrambled not in order i mean to say..though most of the numbers are missing..that is very weird. I just checked the gmail account where i see only my two my favs contacts that are showing on the phone.Phone keeps saying problems with contact sync and problems will be solved shortly then how they syncd the two my favs contact on gmail but not the rest of them..and now my contacts are also gone.
Also, I looked back thru this thread and did not see if you have done a Factory Reset ... ??

Upvote 0
I see all the call list that are in call log went to favorites..all other contacts are missing.
I did restart the phone when at the first time i saw my contacts are missing.. i think i should add to that- some of the contacts went to favorites even though i had only one favorites before.. and they all are scrambled not in order i mean to say..though most of the numbers are missing..that is very weird. I just checked the gmail account where i see only my two my favs contacts that are showing on the phone.Phone keeps saying problems with contact sync and problems will be solved shortly then how they syncd the two my favs contact on gmail but not the rest of them..and now my contacts are also gone.

Upvote 0

Ok look at your Contacts for gmail on the web from your PC ... check that they are OK ... If not fix them first ...

Then do a factory reset .. you will re-register you phone the same way when it was new ... BE SURE to use the SAME gmail account you USED Originally

Upvote 0
I have the same problem for about two weeks now I called tmo and they said it's a known issue and they are working on it, but they could not give me a date by when it would be resolved. This really sucks!! since there is no other way to backup your contact other then through the sync method.

Use the Market app "MyBackup Pro" to backup EVERYTHING on the phone ,

Apps, data (this includes contacts, msg, etc.), phone settings, etc

Upvote 0
Use the Market app "MyBackup Pro" to backup EVERYTHING on the phone ,

Apps, data (this includes contacts, msg, etc.), phone settings, etc

If you use that mybackup pro don't ever restore your contacts thru it or your sync will fail from then on. Just so you know it will restore your contacts thru MBUPro and your sync does start working on your phone you'll never know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones