1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Contacts Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Talexe, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Talexe

Talexe Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I didn't know how to export my contacts on my old phone, or if it was possible at all - I have a new SIM. This means all my contact information initially came from Facebook and Google - I planned to add numbers later. But there have been some problems!

For example, I cannot edit the details of Facebook contacts! This means there are some annoying examples where the primary phone number is set as 'ask me' or has an incorrect format, and I don't know how to change it! I used a work-around by adding their real numbers as a separate contact and merging the two together, but I still do not know how to change the primary contact number.

My problems can be summarised like this:
    1. I can't add / edit contact details of people I only have on Facebook
    2. I can't change the primary contact number of a contact (solved)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement

2. lekky

lekky Lover

1: i don't think you can, it would be like changing their facebook acc info, its literally a pull of their info from the site.

2. People > open a person > long press on the number u want to make primary > select make primary

Talexe likes this.
  3. Talexe

Talexe Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Thanks lekky, particularly for point 2!

About point 1, though. I knew that you probably couldn't change the details actually synced with the facebook account - my problem was that if there was a contact who I only had on facebook, and not in my e-mail address book, there was no option to add any further details like a phone number. I had to manually create another contact to include these additions, then merge them.

If anyone has further suggestions I'd love to hear them, but this should help a lot!

4. Psymon

Psymon New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    On a related note:

I have some facebook contacts that I'm not particularly bothered about having as contacts on my phone.

In people I have it set to not show people from facebook, and it all works fine, with only my phone contacts showing, however when I click on the phone button at the bottom of the home screen the list of contacts includes any from facebook who have an associated 'phone number' (in some cases a text string)...

Does anyone know if there is any way to stop these facebook contacts showing up in this list?

5. lekky

lekky Lover

There isn't a way to remove them from there, thats information straight from HTC support.

Psymon likes this.
Tags: