• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts Retrieval

The title says it all,more or less,just getting my ducks in a row before proceeding:
A friend of mine recently got a new Android,old device also a late model Android (FWIW,both on Lollipop).

Different SIM Card sizes,older model a Micro,newer a Nano.

Anyhoo,this leads me to where I am ATM,haven't seen either phone or SIM yet in-person.

A couple questions:

1) If the contacts were stored on the SIM Card,but,the card is deactivated,are the contacts stored on it retrievable?
If so,x-ferring would be as simple as getting a SIM Card cutter & installing the old card in the new phone & moving the contacts elsewhere (Google/device storage/etc...)

2) The old device has been factory reset.My question here is this:
If the contacts were stored on the device itself,is there any way to retrieve the contacts?
I've heard of desktop PC software/programs that can retrieve data from wiped phones.
Is this stuff legit & if so,anyone have any recommendations on which is best &/or least expensive?

TIA! :)

I've had some SIM cards deactivated before, and can still get the data off them. I just don't get connection. So it's worth a shot.

Should be able to import contacts from the SIM, as long as the phone can read it, doesn't matter if it's active or not.
You can retrieve the SIM contacts.
Contacts stored on the phone and only on the phone are gone. Sorry.
THX!
Turns out the contacts were indeed stored on the old SIM Card.
X-ferring 'em over to the new phone was easy,she used another phone & used Bluetooth for x-ferring.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Bookmarked.............

Thanks again everybody,the help/ideas are much appreciated. :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones