• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

contacts still not showing up on google

kraze0g

Android Enthusiast
Dec 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
im just wondering if im doing something wrong, i did the syncronization stuff in the settings and have forced contacts on... the only thing i can think of is when i created the contacts on the phone there was a pull down box that said "google" or "phone" .. well i selected "phone", is this the problem? if so, how can i change it to 'google'? (ive looked all over and cannot find anything to edit this option)

thanks.

I'm pretty sure the problem is that the contacts are setup as "phone" and not "google".

I don't believe this is an editable field.

The only thing I can think of (besides re-entering the contacts) is if you can export your current "phone" contact list off the Eris to a PC file, you can then import it into google gmail. For the import - you just create a standard text file and follow the steps while in google contacts.

Not sure if you can export your phone list off the Eris. Maybe one of the gurus can chime in on that.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure the problem is that the contacts are setup as "phone" and not "google".

I don't believe this is an editable field.

It is the problem and I thought this was an editable field. I just tried it and was not able to change from google to phone. If you do have to re-create them do it on the computer in your gmail account ... will be much quicker

Upvote 0
If your numbers are saved as phone you should be able to back them up on outlook. I came from blackberry so I had everything on outlook and needed to put my contacts on my phone and was able to do it. You need to go to HTC Mobile Phone Support - DROID ERIS by HTC (Verizon) - Downloads then plug your phone into your computer and follow phone and computer prompts and you can sync with outlook

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones