• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts sync between Kindle Fire HD and Google/Gmail contacts

rinch

Dec 2, 2010
Sometimes the sync seems to have worked, and other times it doesn't.

Some contacts that are on Google contacts do not show up on the Kindle contact (built in app). I have configured both email and contacts on the Kindle to sync with my gmail account.

The contacts show up and update on my phone (HTC Droid Incredible) without any problems.

Anyone have an idea why the Kindle contacts in the Kindle do not always update?

Think I stumbled on the reason the contacts do not all sync.

Compared 2 almost identical contacts. One had an street, city, State address and the other did not. The one without the address information failed to sync. When I added an address, it did come over to my Kindle. Checked other contacts without addresses and none of them are in my Kindle address book. Don't know Amazon address so it doesn't show up.
Guess I'll send a trouble report to Amazon and see what happens.

Upvote 0
I typed in "none" in the address field in Google contacts where it had been blank and they all sync now. Now I can look up a phone number on the Kindle instead of going to my Google contacts, and they are there, offline also.
I have sent this in along with the results as stated above.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones