• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts Sync -Phone to Gmail list not syncing..

jpetersen5

Nov 2, 2009
Currently if I add/modify a contact in gmail it will sync without issue to my phone...But...if I happen to add a contact onto my phone or change something on my phone, that contact is not being synced to my gmail contacts (it stays on the phone, just doesn't go into gmail as well).

Thoughts?

I currently only sync 'My Contacts' from gmail to my phone...not sure if this matters or not. I don't see an option to sync the other way as I did when using Google Sync on my blackberry.

Yep...and I choose Google and then it shows that its a google contact when I edit it.

I try to force a sync and the sync icon turns, but it says that it hasnt been synced since 11/6. Calendar and email show the last sync was today.

I found a forum that said that this could be caused by birthdays in my gmail contacts not having years as well, so I have added years to my contacts birthdays and am trying it again now.

That actually, as weird as that may be fixed everything. Doing a sync now goes both ways...including my 'starred in android'

Upvote 0
Ha, that was the same thing that was happening to me. I had two contacts that didn't have the year they were born in my Gmail contact. I added the years and what do you know all of they syncing works fine now. Thanks for finding that and reposting it. I was gonna wipe my phone for the 3rd or 4th time to try and fix it....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones