1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Contacts sync with Facebook contacts but not all the same way?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by GeminiEntity, Aug 28, 2011.

1. GeminiEntity

GeminiEntity Lurker

Whether the contact was in my phone or not, some keep the original name I had for them while others will take their Facebook name. Any way to fix this? Seems odd for the sync process to be so random.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. betty2dogs

betty2dogs Lurker

I have been messing around with the same problem all day. I've had different FB profiles merge with my own. Frustrating. Searching this forum for answers now.

3. betty2dogs

betty2dogs Lurker

This might or might not help you, but I opened up Contacts, selected the problem contact, hit the hard menu key to get to "edit contact", then hit the hard menu key a second time, and that gave me a window with the opportunity to Separate the contact from the other people and profiles. I have a lot of people with the same last name in my contacts and they were all mashed up together on the phone. Good luck.

4. GeminiEntity

GeminiEntity Lurker

Yea, my problem is a bit different.

For instance, I have three friends that all have used their regular names on Facebook, and I had them in my phone as regular contacts with the same names before I synced up. However, only one changed and added the last name, the other two just stay with their first name despite having last names on Facebook also.