1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Contacts sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by meghnaiyer, Aug 12, 2011.

1. meghnaiyer

meghnaiyer Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    i lost my contacts on my android phone. The contacts are there on facebook because i had synced it previously. So now if i login to Facebook on my fone (Afresh) and sync, will i get my contacts back or will i loose it from facebook too? btw i have an LG Optimus one.

Advertisement

2. Gremaldin

Gremaldin Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    You definitely wont loose any contacts if they are saved on facebook. But I dont think it is possible to sync to facebook anyway, in the sense that I dont think we can save our phone contacts to facebook.

To avoid this in future, the two best options are:
    * Regularly backup all your contacts. To backup contacts, go to contacts, go to contacts, press menu button - more - Import/Export. There you have the option to import or export contacts from or to SIM card or SD card. I recommend backing up to SD card. All the contacts will be saved as a .vcf file if you choose SD card. To restore contacts, come back to menu or in the case of SD card backup, just open the .vcf file.

* Create your accounts under your email id instead of your phone. The you can sync them with google and get them anytime as long as you have a data connection or WiFi access.

Personally, I prefer the first one.

shotgunner85 likes this.