• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contacts synced, no phone numbers

sleipner

Aug 31, 2010
I just got the Epic today, my old phone is the HTC Touch Pro :mad:

I downloaded TBExport, ran it on my phone, created a csv file, dragged that to my laptop, imported to gmail, synced gmail on the Epic. I now have 97 contacts on my phone, but whenever I click on any of them, all it shows is "1 linked contact". I then went to display options and chose to only show contacts with phone numbers. The phone then tells me I have no contacts with phone numbers. I looked at the csv file on my laptop, and sure enough, they do have phone numbers. I also looked on gmail on the laptop, and the numbers show up under hometel or cellno, but not in the main fields that can be edited.

What do I do to avoid having to manually input each number?:thinking:

EDIT - nevermind, found an online converter and turned the csv into a vcard with the appropriate columns identified to get the names & numbers correct

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones