1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Contacts syncing/ exporting

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by pbf98, Apr 24, 2012.

1. pbf98

pbf98 Android Expert

Hey All, I switch phones quite a bit and the feature of being able to sync my contacts with my google account is pretty cool as is being able export a list of my contacts..

But I have a problem with both of these and its rather annoying to me.

My problem is, I have 105 contacts, but when I export, or sync it saves 620 contacts. Then when I switch to a new phone and either import or do the sync, it will my multiples of every conact ...

Does any one know anything I could do to prevent this or stop this from happening?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. valorian

valorian Android Expert

When you log into your GMail account is it showing 620 contacts or 105? If you are seeing duplicates in GMail, you can click on the more button then select Find & Merge Duplicates.

If you are seeing 620 on your phone but not GMail you may have facebooks contacts on your phone along with your GMail contacts.

3. pbf98

pbf98 Android Expert

Under my gmail account there are only a couple duplicates, thanks for showing me this.

With the export see 620 how would that number come out of 105, I could see 300s with numbers and accounts being in separate names..
    is there any way of merging similar contacts besides going into an individual contact edit, settings and join?
    when I use the import file the multiples are all just phone numbers no emails no fb info at all

Again thanks for pointing out the Gmail contacts online, didn't even know about that til now lol