• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts to SD Card

What are you trying to accomplish? Why do you want a copy of your contacts on your sd card?

have you ever stopped talking to 2/3 of your contacts just cuz you were lazy to transfer them to your new phone? I have lol

and just in case if the phone breaks down or something at least you can save your self like 2 hours of transferring(at least it took me that long)

Upvote 0
have you ever stopped talking to 2/3 of your contacts just cuz you were lazy to transfer them to your new phone? I have lol

and just in case if the phone breaks down or something at least you can save your self like 2 hours of transferring(at least it took me that long)

All your contacts sync to the gmail account you use, so once they are in either place then they are backed up... that's all i was getting at. so i cant understand why you would also need a copy on your sd card.

as for your laziness, thats you...

Upvote 0
All your contacts sync to the gmail account you use, so once they are in either place then they are backed up... that's all i was getting at. so i cant understand why you would also need a copy on your sd card.

as for your laziness, thats you...

I wanted to be able to take the SD card and use it in another device or put in my PC's SD card slot and back up contacts somewhere other than GMail.

Upvote 0
I wanted to be able to take the SD card and use it in another device or put in my PC's SD card slot and back up contacts somewhere other than GMail.

Have you tried the app vCardIO? It's free and claims to do what you want....

EDIT: just go to the 'market' and search for "backup" (no quotes) there are a few others, some free, some not.

Upvote 0
I used ExportContacts by Rishi Srivatsavai from the market. I creates a csv file on your sd card, which you can then use however you wish. I used it to export contacts from my old phone (the sprint store transferred them for me), in order to merge the contacts with my gmail account prior to syncing my entire gmail contact list.

Upvote 0
am i missing something or can't you just open up your contact-list, choose Settings> More> Backup Contacts> Memory Card.

The contacts are saved inside the System/PIM folder on your SD card.

that's what i thought. i have that option, my friend on the other hand don't. it's weird my hero came with 2.1 and her's had to be upgraded from 1.5. hers boots up differently and has different options.

Upvote 0
I know it's about a different phone (I have Desire), but I suppose it's the same. My contacts are on the internal memory and their size is 14MB. I'd love to be able to store them to SD card, so if you found any app or way to do that, please reply.

I too would like to be able to store my contacts onto the SD card instead of the phone memory. The size of my contacts according to the phone is 9.4mb which is taking up a lot of room especially considering that I've found a lot of apps I still cannot move to the SD card. any hints or tips here would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones