• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts tranfer

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
Hi and welcome to Android Forums

I would say there are potentially three ways of doing this.

If you only have a few contacts, you could export them to the SIM card, move the sim card to the new phone and import them from there. I think there's an upper limit of the number of contacts you can do this with though; maybe 255 I think. If you've got substantially less than that then you should be OK.

You could sync your contacts with your Google account (it's what I do) so that they will be available across all devices that you have signed into with your Google account. You can usually import them from your Google account in the contacts app.

You could use a third party contacts syncing app such as My Backup Pro - Play Store. I use this one to make backups of app data and so on each day.

One of these methods will definitely work for you. good luck.

Remember, if you have any other queries you cannot respond to this post and you will need to ask a new quetion or register on the forums for more interactive help. If you need to ask a new question, remember the extra steps you have taken to resolve your issue and let us have as much info as possible as it makes it much easier for us to correctly identify and resolve your problem. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones