• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts transfer ...

zedox

Lurker
Jul 21, 2010
Hi

i had NOKIA E71 and exported contacts from NOKIA with NOKIA OVI Suite. But neither one contact is synced with outlook. Few days ago i lost my nokia (long story) and got new HTC Desire. Is there any way to transfer contacts from NOKIA OVI Suite to HTC ?

Best

If the OVI suite can export to something that the Windows Address Book understands then you'll be able to get your Nokia contacts to the Desire via the scenic route since the HTC Sync program just er, syncs the phone contacts with the PC's Address Book.

It may export directly to a file in the Address Book format, or as VCards but generally, where all else fails - there's usually/hopefully an option for exporting as a .csv file.
Address Book can import any of these formats.

Unfortunately with HTC Sync it's the usual case of "tough doo-doos" if you happen to not use Windows... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones