• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts vs Group contacts

dintymo

Lurker
Sep 4, 2011
Here is my dilemma: I have my Gmail contacts synced with my Mesmerize. I also have groups created in my gmail contacts that also appear in my Mesmerize. Cool, but I would like that my phone only show the contacts that are NOT assigned to groups in the list of all the NON-group contacts. My groups are for work, and I like keeping them separate from all my regular contacts. The default contact list in my phone shows everybody and it's getting in the way of my trying to get organized. Thing is, this was working before I recently updated the software on my phone, but for the life of me I cant figure out how to get that back. In Gmail this is working -- groups are separate and not showing under "My Contacts". Make sense? Any help? Thanks....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones