1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Contacts widget with big pictures?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Pinmac1, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Android Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2011
    UK
    I have searched this forum and the Market for a Contacts widget and while there are loads of them I can't find one with big enough pictures. I need reading glasses and don't want to have to get them out everytime I want to phone someone!

Ideally, I would like a screen with a full-page widget which shows 6-8 of my most-used contacts ( to be picked by me) with each contact picture being a decent size so I can see who I'm calling. Every contacts widget I've tried does a little bit of this but not the rest e.g contact pics too small or the widget decides which contacts I want to see.

Does anyone know of such a widget please? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. sohguanh

sohguanh Android Enthusiast
    None

So I presume you will assign a picture to those contacts you want to see displayed on the contacts widget correct ? How big a picture to you is comfortable ? For widget usually the come in 4x1 etc setup on your screen.

Or you are comfortable with launching a full app with those big picture contacts for you? In this app, there will be another screen for you to configure who you want to appear on the screen of big contact pictures ? I have something similar in concept which I can modify to fit your requirement. It is called Make Bigger.

Pinmac1 likes this.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    If you're not averse to changing launchers, Launcher Pro has some pretty big imaged in their contacts widget (paid version only, sorry).

Pinmac1 likes this.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I'm not sure if its in the free version of Android Pro Widgets (free version has limited widget options), but there is the 4x4 and 4x3 APW People widgets. Each contact occupies a 1x1 space on your screen filled by his/her picture. If you have your screen set to 4x4 (standard), then the screen will be filled with 8 contacts.

Pinmac1 likes this.
  5. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Android Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2011
    UK
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Android Pro Widgets is just the job and I now have a screen with some large contact pictures on and as a bonus a screen with browser favourites on too. Thanks for the tip!