1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Contacts without pictures automatically assigned wrong picture

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kschzhd, May 4, 2010.

1. kschzhd

kschzhd New Member

May 4, 2010
    I am syncing contacts from Gmail, Exchange, and Facebook. I have contacts in Gmail that do not have pictures (nor do I have them as friends on Facebook). All of these contacts show the same picture - which isn't any of them. It's a picture that used to be the main profile picture (but not anymore) of a random friend on Facebook. The picture shows up when I click on the contact or when the contact calls, but not when I'm scrolling through the contact list - it shows no picture then or when I try to edit the contact. I can't seem to get this picture to go away on any of those contacts, and it's not especially helpful. I really would rather no picture show up than a random picture of someone else. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. mcknigs

mcknigs Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I had a similar problem back a few weeks ago. Near as I can tell, a couple people who had no pictures were being assigned pictures from FB contacts. It only lasted a few days -- long enough for my sister's number to be assigned a picture of girl I had a crush on 20 years ago (which was a little disconcerting) but not long enough to be a real problem. Have you tried cycling power from the switch, or battery?

-Scott

3. kschzhd

kschzhd New Member

May 4, 2010
    Unfortunately mine has been this way for a few weeks. I power cycle my phone every couple of days as it is, with no change. I just did it again to be sure, with the same results - every contact that doesn't have a picture, whether it's through Exchange or through Gmail, each one has the same picture of the one friend on Facebook. Quite odd and annoying.