1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Contacts won't sync to FB >.<

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by l3rodie, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Firewill10

Firewill10 Android Enthusiast

The app sync.me in the playstore works great to keep you Facebook contacts synced

Mdraej99 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mdraej99

Mdraej99 Android Enthusiast

Best App ever!! Thanks!!

3. His1975

His1975 Lurker

Facebook have removed the sync feature altogether something to do with privacy. I haven't found a good app for doing the job yet either..

4. Potluck94

Potluck94 Lurker

You have to Uninstall the current facebook you have installed and install this one.

http://dw.uptodown.com/dwn/7IE5eQoi...EEahJauHR-gPnttuyFljKRczM4uqvfCXyCaSUTpENq4C/

It should auto open and accept it then install but make sure you don't have auto update on or it won't work. Then once installed login and update contact.
    That is what I did.

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

What is it? An older version of the app?

Apkmirror has loads of previous versions: http://www.apkmirror.com/?s=FACEBOOK&post_type=apps_post

6. Potluck94

Potluck94 Lurker

El Presidente likes this.
  7. His1975

His1975 Lurker

This also doesn't work as there isn't a sync contacts option in that version

8. Potluck94

Potluck94 Lurker

Ok. Well I used version 7

9. His1975

His1975 Lurker

Thanks this has now worked

10. Potluck94

Potluck94 Lurker

Glad to of helped someone with this problem

11. Mdraej99

Mdraej99 Android Enthusiast

Did you try sync.me?

12. Potluck94

Potluck94 Lurker

Only with the Contacts you already had on phone.

13. My Galaxy S6 won't update to anything below version 35 (since it came with the phone). What would be the best workaround?

14. Richard Park

Richard Park Member

Don't you people use Google?!
    Next time you add a contact add to your email...
    lol... Google > Facebook

15. Sir KaosAlot

Sir KaosAlot Lurker

Note4
    I was stuck on this for a very long time. The only way is to downgrade your facebook app to a lower verison. I am currently running facebook app version 27. Facebook stop syncing contacts in the newer version. STUPID of them. You can delete it and redownload it here . http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebo...e/facebook-27-0-0-25-15-android-apk-download/

Not sure for the NOTE5 since facebook is preinstalled - if you can delete it then it should work. Good luck.

16. So here is my hint, I did not solve the problem yet but have a clue what is going on.
    Look at the attached gif! when I first start up facebook on the new marshmallow on my note 4 and log in I notice an approval request on my status bar, when clicking on it it doesn't however give me the option to approve.

This used to work with android 5 1.gif

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 release date was August 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

August 2015
Release Date
Reviews