1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Contacts wont sync to tablet

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by HiekelEssterol, Dec 28, 2011.

1. HiekelEssterol

Will try and explain the situation as best as I can.

The kit
    T-Mobile Pulse Mini (Froyo)
    HP Laptop (Win 7)
    Easy Tab (Froyo)

The Problem
    My kids have been using their phones as their primary device for nearly a year. Contacts stored in it have always synced with Gmail and appear fine on the Laptop so the account is syncing ok.

For xmas they both received Easy Tab's, a cheap Froyo tablet. It looks the biz and performs well. However, we cant get the contacts or calendar to sync.
    Gmail syncs fine. The tablets have complete access to the internet via Wifi.

We had a market issue when the tabs were first used, but this was resolved by a Force Stop and Clear Data of Google Services Framework, and were advised to do the same to resolve the contacts/Calendar issue, but this hasnt worked.

When going into the contacts settings on the tab Gmail doesnt appear in accounts, only their Twitter accounts, and I cant figure out how to get Gmail to show up in there.
    If I go to Accounts & Sync the Gmail account appears there along with the Twitter account, however on going into the Gmail account sync settings the only option in there is Sync Gmail, where as on the phone there are options to sync calendar and contacts.

I really need some help with this to make these tablets complete for the kids as they are great devices, but simple things like sending an email arent as easy as they should be because the contacts list isnt there with the email addresses.

Cheers in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. HiekelEssterol

Really need some help on this to get it sorted. Exhausted all the options I can think of.

3. HiekelEssterol

I take it no one has any advise as far as this issue is concerned?

4. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Android Enthusiast

"When going into the contacts settings on the tab Gmail doesnt appear in accounts, only their Twitter accounts, and I cant figure out how to get Gmail to show up in there.

Assuming the tab running Android is similar to a phone, if you open up contacts app on tab and hit the menu key, you should see a More tab or button; be able to scroll down to "Display contacts by and see a section that says "choose contacts to Display" Is this where you do not see Google?

In the contact app is there a setting that says Import/Export? If so do you have an option to Import from SD card? On my phone I have the options Phone or My Gmail address. Can you see your Gmail there?

You may be able to go into the Gmail app on the tab and export or backup your Gmail contacts to the SD card and then use this feature to Import them into the Contacts App on the tab.

HiekelEssterol likes this.
  5. HiekelEssterol

Opening menu from inside the contacts app this is what I see
    [​IMG]
    The Gmail account has already been configured on the tablet and can be used to receive and view email
    Clicking on the import/export menu option simply gives me an option to import from SD card.

If I click on display options I get the following screen
    [​IMG]
    I dont understand why the Gmail option says Device Only (Unsynced), but Im guessing this could be part of the problem.

If I then click on the accounts tab this is what I see
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, only the Twitter account is present at this point. The screengrab says its from Accounts and Sync Settings. However this screen is link to from the Accounts tab in the Contacts app.

If I access Accounts and Sync Settings from within the Settings app I am able to see both the Twitter account and the Gmail account. However, if I click in the Gmail account for the sync options this is what I see
    [​IMG]
    As you can see there are no options to sync contacts or calendar.

I could do this by the look of things but it seems such an awkward workaround for something that should be so simple, and I would have to do it each time the contacts list is updated.

Hoping a solution can be found.

6. chrstdvd

The third picture down. Hit the add account bar and enter in your Gmail account. Then it should be listed and you can setup the sync options by touching it. I think your problem will be solved. Let me know.

7. HiekelEssterol

Tried that, the only options I get are:
    Twitter
    Corporate (Exchange)
    Facebook

There is no option to add a Gmail account.

8. chrstdvd

I just checked on my phone in Accounts and Sync. I can scroll down and there is where I see Google.n I will get a screen shot, but in mean time see if you have a scroll down ability.

9. chrstdvd

Here are my screen shots.
    [/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

10. HiekelEssterol

If I go via the Contacts menu I see that screen but with no Gmail.

If I go via the Settings menu I see that screen WITH Gmail, but when I click on Gmail to set the sync options I get this screen
    [​IMG]
    and as you can see there is only the option to sync Gmail, not calendar or contacts.

11. chrstdvd

At the top in front of @gmail.com there is no username which suggests there is no account, but I am sure you know that, just an observation. My next thing to do would be to touch the Delete account bar and then start over with add account.

12. HiekelEssterol

The screenshot was edited to remove personal data, hence the lack of info before '@gmail.com'.

Tried the remove account idea. That didnt change anything. Tried adding MY gmail account, same problem.

13. chrstdvd

Well, as I was waiting I Googled "Easy Tab (Froyo)" and found out it is a T-Mobile device. My only other thought is to take them back to the store and have THEM figure it out. I am out of ideas. If you do, let me know what they did so I can keep it in my notes.

Otherwise the only thing left is the import/export idea, if it will even work.

14. HiekelEssterol

Not sure about it being a T-Mobile device. Doesnt have a sim slot and was bought from a seller on Ebay. Its a Hong Kong type device.

Been in touch with the seller who told me to Force Stop and Clear Data of Google Services Framework. This worked for our Market problem but not contacts and Calendar.

But thanks for your help so far.

15. chrstdvd

Is there another name for the Tablet, like a manufacturer xyz, something to do a Google search with?

16. HiekelEssterol

Easy Tab is the name on the back.

If I go into settings/about device the model number is WonderMedia 8650

17. HiekelEssterol

Just found there is a specific section for WonderMedia tablets. Hadnt realised. I was looking for Easy Tab sections.

18. chrstdvd

Yep I was just getting ready to send it to you as it was at the top of the search. Ha. One man is having same problems as you.

19. HiekelEssterol

I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I followed the advise in this thread Help with calendar sync. and isntalled only the GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk and GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk and it instantly started to sync both the calendar and contacts.

Im going to go post in the WM8650 forum aswell.

Woohoo, rather happy. only taken 3 days to find!

20. chrstdvd

Well congratulations! Good work!