• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sary

Lurker
May 31, 2010
Hello, ive got a bit of a problem with contacts on my HTC Desire, when i copy sim contacts to phone , they copy each other and i end up having double, and when some of my contatcs send me sms msgs the phone doesnt recognize them cuz they start with the area codes and my contacts are saved without area codes, yet if i change my contacts to have area codes i will not be able to identify my friends when they call me cuz the number that shows when someone is calling doesn't show area code just the number... and another thing what should i do so i can get my phone contatcts to be synced with my facebook contatcs without having 2 of every contacts in my people application...

in the people app, you can 'link' contacts together to merge multiple instances of the same contact, eg. a face book entry and a contact one.

open one instance of the contact and look for the little chan icon and the word 'link'
go through each contact and link it to its duplicates.

may not fix your problem, but may make it easier to mannage.

Upvote 0
i got another problem too..when i want to update or refresh the stocks in the stock application a small window pops up saying that there was a connection error...also in my friends stream thingy when i go to facebook friends they say i have 0 friends and when i try to update it they also say that there is a conection error...yet iam connected fully connected to the internet...whats happenin?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones