• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contest: Design your own Moto X! [Post your entries here]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moto X: Inspired by the Hebrew proverb "This too shall pass"
Front: White
Back: Navy Blue
Accent: Metallic Orange
Signature: Like Clouds in the Sky (if there's a character limit, "Clouds in the Sky" will suffice)
Memory: 16GB, but a 32GB would be a nice icing on the already delicious cake.
Power On: In Solitude

From what I've seen this is all that can be customized (other than wallpaper and google account info)

This is inspired by personal experiences of the past year, but also my new outlook in life. Life's too short to let anything hold you down or hold you back. Simply let it pass like clouds in the sky and smile, then keep going.

The white signifies solitude, the blue: sorrow, and the orange signifies the bonding agent that keeps it from falling apart. <3

Upvote 0
Front: Black
Back: Navy
Accents: Metallic Blue
Wallpaper: Blue Steel
Engraving: KIL
Boot Message: Make It Happen!

Baby blue is my favorite color, and the "Metallic blue" option of the Moto Maker is the closest to it. I chose a Navy back with black front and "baby blue" accents, as opposed to an all Metallic Blue back and white front, because the darker colors give the phone an air of sophistication, sexiness and class, while the light accents add a pop with fun and edginess, without being over the top. I chose the welcome boot greeting of "Make It Happen!" because I'd like to see positive words of inspiration and motivation every time I boot up my phone.

Upvote 0
Easy. Black front cause this is an Android, not an iThing. Bright green back, because my first cell phone was terrible, but the green faceplate made it MY terrible phone. Orange accents for a nice contrast, and green and orange really go great together. If a case is an option, it would have to be the clear one. No point covering up all that wonderful customization. Just a plain black wallpaper would do nicely, to take advantage of the wonderful battery saving affect of using one with an AMOLED screen.
qrwOmzk.jpg

Upvote 0
Back: purple
Front: white
Accent: green

I feel pulling off an old school Barney the purple dinosaur theme. I mean I grew up with the big guy and his purple skin/fur has left a mark on me cause I can't walk down the street without a little purple on.

Engraving: The Purple Dino
Greeting: Clean up Clean up
Size:32

Attachments

• 1376199406702.jpg
    1376199406702.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0
I am traveling in Germany with no laptop so no mock up :(
Of course they did not hear about the moto x here since they won't be getting it.
Front: White since all my devices are white and I am OCD in that way
Back: Green is easy on the eyes and matches my personality
Accents: Yellow like the sun it is a Happy color and so am I.
Case: is there an option? Anything rugged/durable because I like to go places.
Signature: KataRina's Moto x
Storage: 32GB
Greeting: Good Morning Sunshine (since the battery will last all day I will only turn the phone on mornings I hope )
Wallpaper: I like a sun over grass but if I have to take the default then I want
the boat paddle one ( fits just my style )
Engraving: O.K. Google Now
Charger : If we can choose colors then Yellow (Matching is a must)) otherwise white to go with my other charging equippment.
Accessories: Yellow of course, music makes me smile and sun makes me smile.

Upvote 0
Let's see. I'm not sure what colors exactly are the options, but I would choose....

Dark green (if available) back, because it's my fav color and looks good with just about anything.
Purple front, because it's my fiancee's fav color, looks good with green, and is the color of the shirt I usually wear on stage.
Hot pink accents; my twin's fav color, in his memory (passed away 18 years ago, today).
Obvs. 32 GB.
Case: if there's such a thing as a clear Otterbox or Trident case? Gotta show off the colours!
Boot: My logo (see my avatar, but colour inverted); no boot sound.
Engraving: ANGRYX (every Android I've owned is called "ANGRY-" and then the model name, i.e. ANGRYVS920, ANGRYX2, ANGRYFASSY, etc.)
Greeting: Hello, Mr. Anger (in Keira Knightley's voice).

Alternatively, perhaps one with the wood back, carbon fiber front (is that an option?), and gold accents, engraved with "Des" or, if there's enough space, "Destynee Ceresini."

Upvote 0
Back: Bamboo (renewable resource!)
Accents: Silver
Wallpaper: Pic of my 3 kids (non-parents just don't understand)
Greeting: I Have the Power!
Storage: 32GB!
Case: Clear
Engraving: Chad Phillips (pretty handy for when it falls out of my pocket, car, gym bag, etc.)

If anyone is interested, I'm keeping the best links on the Moto X, including a link this contest, over at okaygooglenow

Upvote 0
Back: Rosewood
Accents: Charcoal gray if offered. Else if, gray.
Loading message: Starting The Fire
Engraving: Ray's
Wallpaper: Distant campfire in the wilderness during sunset. Either very green wilderness or snow on the ground.
Storage: 32GB
Google Sync: My gmail account.
Headphones: Charcoal gray
Case: Clear (probably wouldn't use it because of the beautiful wood back)
Charger: Charcoal gray

Inspired by my love for technology and active life style that I try to balance everyday.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones