• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CONTEST: Kindle Fire Forum Contest!

(1) Plants vs Zombies for my favorite game to play on the fire. I'm also excited to try apps such as Quickoffice Pro along with all the great free apps of the day

(2) Definitely looking forward to using the Amazon ecosystem and see how It all works out. An of course to put cm on this bad boy. Hopefully It'll be as easy as the Nook was.

Upvote 0
First of all, I love all things Amazon. I buy all my books through Amazon - whether they're physical books or Kindle editions. As a pastor and a student, I read a ton of and keep up with dozens of blogs daily. I'm looking forward to having a more polished Internet browsing experience, as well as being able to view video content on various websites. I also buy all of music through Amazon rather than iTunes, so I'm looking forward to having everything I use most of the time anyway wrapped up into one device. I have a growing Kindle collection and most of my time reading is through the Kindle desktop app or on my old Kindle.

What excites me the most about the Kindle Fire is the price. I'm sure that I'm not the only person who regularly uses the Amazon apps on other devices and who stores most of their reading and audio content in the Amazon cloud system. With easier access to most of your online content, in addition to the Silk Internet Browsing experience and other benefits of the Android platform, the price of $200 is hard to beat.

Upvote 0
1.What app, game, magazine, newspaper, or other activity are you MOST looking forward to using on the Kindle Fire?

--I want to keep my phone for social media, and use the Kindle for mostly news, especially digital versions of my favorite newspapers and magazines.

2.What feature of the Kindle Fire excites you the most?
New and interesting platform. Sure, I love Android and iOS in a way, but it is nice to see a clear challenger come out and play.

Upvote 0
(1) What app, game, magazine, newspaper, or other activity are you MOST looking forward to using on the Kindle Fire?

Netflix and SmartBench :)

(2) What feature of the Kindle Fire excites you the most?

That Texas Instruments OMAP CPU looks delicious. I can't wait to see how it fares with ICE Cream Sandwich in the form of CM9.

Upvote 0
(1) What app, game, magazine, newspaper, or other activity are you MOST looking forward to using on the Kindle Fire? Amazon Prime streaming

(2) What feature of the Kindle Fire excites you the most? I want to see if this tablet can replace my laptop, which replaced my desktop a few years ago. I would love to dive into an Android ecosystem and live wirelessly.

Upvote 0
1.What app, game, magazine, newspaper, or other activity are you MOST looking forward to using on the Kindle Fire?

Being able to read Phandroid news on a bigger screen!

2.What feature of the Kindle Fire excites you the most?

The additions/changes/improvements Amazon has made to the Android OS, anxious to try out the silk browser.

Upvote 0
(1) What app, game, magazine, newspaper, or other activity are you MOST looking forward to using on the Kindle Fire?

(A) I am looking forward to playing with the silk browser and seeing what it can do after all the hype it has gotten.

(A) I would have to say the cloud connectivity coupled with Amazon Prime would be the "killer" feature on this piece of hardware.

Upvote 0
1. I am most looking forward to using it for reading, obviously kindle books but also pdfs and other docs.

2. It is simply the portability that I like the most. It is bigger than my smartphone so that there is actually enough screen real estate to give a comfortable reading experience. It is smaller than an ipad in a way that, I my opinion, will make it a little more practical to take out places.

Looking forward to getting mine tomorrow!

Upvote 0

I already own a Kindle and use it all the time for reading books, but newspapers, magazines and comics are a different story. I don’t think the Fire will be a daily reader for books, but for content that is better in color or can only be enjoyed in color it is the go to device. Can’t wait to sit down with a morning cup of coffee to read the news or crash on the couch with a graphic novel.

I’m excited about all the different kinds of content that the Fire can handle. Not only is it a good reader, but it plays and stores music and video. Together with all of the streaming content makes the Fire a one-stop-shop for personal entertainment. Sure my Galaxy S can do all those things, but have you ever tried to watch a whole movie on your phone?

Upvote 0
What app, game, magazine, newspaper, or other activity are you MOST looking forward to using on the Kindle Fire?
I am really curious to how the actual e-reader apps will work and look on the Kindle Fire. If it looks good then I will using it often! I already know that all of the normal Android stuff will rock!
What feature of the Kindle Fire excites you the most?
I am most excited about the processor and seeing how much smoke the Fire leaves behind!

Upvote 0
I'm most looking forward to using prime to stream video.
Silk. The android browser needs some improvement, hopefully silk is just what the doctor ordered. Thrilled to be able to have a fast browser experience on an android device.

Upvote 0
1) I think it's a toss up between Prime movies (already a Prime member) and using the Wyse pocketcloud to avoid toting my work laptop to every meeting etc. especially when doing things like troubleshooting wifi. The only downside will be having to re-buy the app since I bought it through Android Market and that's not on the Kindle Fire (at least not without some working around) but if I won the contest, I guess that makes up for a $15 app right? :)

2) Definitely the compression and speedy nature of Silk. I imagine this is going to be hands down one of the biggest selling points aside from bringing all my existing Kindle content across and now having local library options. The device sounds fantastic for the price. I drank the Amazon and Google Kool-Aids long ago and now that they're going to be coming together seemlessly, I imagine it to be like bringing back The Great Bluedini *sniffle...memories*

Upvote 0
Really looking forward to Amazon Prime video streaming on the Kindle Fire. Since I'm already a Prime member, this should just work out of the box!

Full integration with Amazon services. Video/music/apps/books. It's all there. True cloud computing, especially for those of us who already use Amazon's services...no brainer!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones