1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

continued error messages flashing across screen...unable to use

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I have a 2012 Motorola Atrix that essentially stop working less than 1 month after the year warranty expired! I get a slew of error messages flashing across the screen. The message say things like: "unfortunately the home screen has stopped", "unfortunately email has stopped," "unfortunately the process com. has stopped", "unfortunately Google Search has stopped", something over and over to include "unfortunately Fandango and all my other apps have stopped! Sometimes the messages gives an ok to touch "ok" or "report"....

I have never dropped my phone or immersed in water or anything that would damage it. It looks like a brand new phone!! Took it back the AT&T score where I bought it. They tried to clear and restart no avail!!
    Please help! Not sure what to do!!! Any suggestions oh there?????

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    If a battery pull won't clear the problem... I'm guessing you are looking at doing a factory reset. You will lose everything that you've placed on the phone in the process... I'm sorry.
    I hope you have some things backed up. There will be a procedure for resetting your phone from a sequence of the external buttons. It will return the phone to it's original state and should fix your problem if it's truly a software/Os problem. I invite you to check out the support area for your particular Atrix on Android Forums for another possible solution as well as instructions on how to reset your phone if that's your only course of action.

3. mayluliz

mayluliz Lurker
    None

Oct 18, 2014
    my phone is an LGS323 and after a few minutes of been on the message "unfortunately home has stop" I will turn it off and on and will work for a few minutes and again the message will appear I will press ok and message will reappear.
    After weeks of trying everything I went to clear the cache and check for phone updates then I notice my location was off . Turn it on and .goggle play location show on the list.
    I do not know it this has any relation but after that the phone has been fine...it has been ten hours so far.