• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help continuous reboot problem

tommaat

Lurker
Nov 17, 2012
hello nice people of the phandroid forums!

I'm new here and will immediatly start with a question.
My samsung galaxy s2 is stuck in rebooting. Each time I put the battery in and turn it on it will reboot continuously. I've had some extreme battery problems for a week. The battery life didn't display propperly and the phone would turn off for no reasons.
Today it has decided to reboot non-stop apparantly...
The only solutions i can come up with is pressing the power button - home butten - volume up.

It then asks me to reset to factory settings or update the system from a sd cart.
I'd rather not reset to factory settings becouse I'l lose all my data then. So does anyone know how 'update from sd cart' works?

hello nice people of the phandroid forums!

I'm new here and will immediatly start with a question.
My samsung galaxy s2 is stuck in rebooting. Each time I put the battery in and turn it on it will reboot continuously. I've had some extreme battery problems for a week. The battery life didn't display propperly and the phone would turn off for no reasons.
Today it has decided to reboot non-stop apparantly...
The only solutions i can come up with is pressing the power button - home butten - volume up.

It then asks me to reset to factory settings or update the system from a sd cart.
I'd rather not reset to factory settings becouse I'l lose all my data then. So does anyone know how 'update from sd cart' works?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums tommaat! :)

It sounds rather like you have a rogue app or settings that is causing this problem.

The quickest solution is indeed a Factory Reset. This does not mean that you will lose everything, as this post states. This is why Android includes a Factory Reset feature.

Install update from SD card is found on rooted handsets with a custom recovery and is for flashing .zip files.

Reactions: tommaat
Upvote 0
So I resetted my phone back to factory settings, and all looked fine.
Looked, because my phone now shuts down sometimes and I can't get it back on unless i plug it to a power source.

To me it seems like the battery is just f***ed-up, has anyone else encountered this similair problem?

My main guess to fix this is by getting a new battery, but that looks like an expensive sollution to me...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones