• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Continuous Shoot app

e10

Lurker
Apr 28, 2009
When using the continuous shoot application it sometimes will only 'render' the first 30 or 40 images. When I look in the 'data' folder of the continuous shoot application on the sd card it appears as though that all the images I took have been saved just not converted to jpeg format.

Lets say I take 100 images as an example, and the application doesn't convert them all for whatever reason I dont know yet. In the data folder I can see the converted images which are numerically labeled... 1 through 40 for example. I will also see the thumbnails of those images saved and numerically labeled but the thumbnails have an 'i' in front of the number... i1 through i40 in this example. Then I will see what appears to be the remainder of the images which have yet to be converted and they are numerically labeled but with an 'o' in front of the numbers... o41 through o100. Its like these remaining images were not converted yet and so far I have been unable to identify the file types and have been unsuccessful in opening them in any way.

I'm figuring its the unconverted raw image data given the circumstances. Anyone with any idea on how to convert the images or how to get the program to finish rendering the images would be very helpful... thanks in advance.

e10

There appears to be significant processing lag with the app at times. My experience has indicated that closing and re-opening the app will, sometimes, kickstart rendering. In some cases, I've had to reboot the phone. The app crashes plenty but as long as it doesn't crash before saving the pre-render file, you're probably going to get the whole enchilada if you're patient enough. If it does crash while saving the pre-render file, rendering never starts.

Wish I had a work-around for you (and for myself) but there has never been a much-needed update so it appears that the app doesn't get much support from it's developer. Hopefully, someone else will follow up on the idea.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones