• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Continuum 5.6

CrimsonPride

Android Expert
Jul 28, 2010
north alabama
Serendipity VII is getting a lot of love and rightfully so, but I thought this one deserved its own thread also. I tried it for awhile back on one of the 2.2.1 builds and it didn't work out well for me so I put trying this one off for along time and I regret it. It is my favorite 2.3.3 ROM out to date and is very smooth. It also includes the app to switch to ext4 which I like and seems to help the smoothness.

But the best part is the battery life. I am currently at 75% remaining and I've had several texts, emails and a few real short calls after more than 10 hours, and I've had pretty moderate use today. But it wasn't this good until last night I went into the new voltage control app and it has an options for performance, power saving etc. I put mine on performance, and I'm not overclocked eventhough it is available, and it got much better today, and it was never bad but its never been this good.

Not to mention it has a lot of good themes, I'm currently on matted blues. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a 2.3.3 ROM

LINK FOR CONTINUUM

LINK FOR THEMES

CONTINUUM FORUM

Thanks for the info. Now you can save me from a ton of reading by sharing any weaknesses either you or other Continuum users are experiencing. Not the silly stuff, but rather those with meat, e.g., WiFi, shutdowns, reboots, etc.

Plus - is there a ROM plan for 2.3.4?

CliffNotes welcome!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. Now you can save me from a ton of reading by sharing any weaknesses either you or other Continuum users are experiencing. Not the silly stuff, but rather those with meat, e.g., WiFi, shutdowns, reboots, etc.

Plus - is there a ROM plan for 2.3.4?

CliffNotes welcome!

No wifi problems at all, I experienced it on serendipity VII the very first time I turned the phone on but never again. I never had a problem on Continuum.

Never had it shutdown, and never a reboot except when I used one of the lockscreens that has 4 tabs, but I never set a shortcut to the 4th tab so it caused a restart but that was my fault.

The problem with the battery draining after it charges I experienced for a few days, but since 5.6 I have unplugged my phone and been at 99% so I don't know if it was officially fixed but it's not happening to me.

My biggest complaint was probably that there were no keyboards I liked stock, but the theme I'm using comes with the stock gingerbread one which is what I prefer.

And one more thing I forgot to mention is that it has the 9 lockscreens, I really liked it when I was on obsession but that was the only thing I liked about it, so when I saw they were all available on Continuum it made me stay on it when the new Mosaic was released.

It has been very good to me in all though, I really don't remember any problems I've had since running it.

Reactions: Jack45
Upvote 0
If I flash the bootloader along with stock Gingerbread included with the S7 site instructions, does that provide an acceptable foundation for flashing the Contiuum ROM?

yes the bootloaders from S7 work fine, and you can follow the instructions there work fine also. But when you flash the kernel, instead of using xcal's you need the talon kernel because it includes CWM3, orange, and if you dont flash from the orange recovery you will lose all your apps everytime you restart the phone. so the only difference is using the talon kernel instead of xcal

Upvote 0
I never tried the new serendipity build so take that into account but I'll give it a shot.

Continuum is probably an 8.5, maybe 9. It just works really well for me especially with the tweaked voltage control settings. And there are a few other apps that allow other tweaks to be made that come with it which are nice. And all the available themes help also

S7 build 1 I'd probably give a 7, it was good and probably smoother than the old serendipity builds although it did have some problems. It didn't have the overscroll effect which I have come to really like.

And for another comparison I would put mosaic III in the middle. I really liked it a whole lot and the team phoenix stuff has always worked real well on my phone. I am tempted to go back and try the new release but I really like where I am right now.

Reactions: Jack45
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones