• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contract over on One line of family plan, cancel & add new line for new line discount?

Is it a better idea to cancel an old line if my contract is up and add a new one to get better pricing at amazon/wirefly for new lines? I would be giving up the unlimited data plan if I did this. As far as my number, I could care less.

If you use a lot of data or are thinking that you may sometime down the line, giving up unlimited data could be something you don't want to do.

Upvote 0
Is it a better idea to cancel an old line if my contract is up and add a new one to get better pricing at amazon/wirefly for new lines? I would be giving up the unlimited data plan if I did this. As far as my number, I could care less.

the main reason i would not do that is because the company will see that as "churn". even though the contract is over they will see a cancelled line and a new activation just not the best idea because your also not going to save much like someone else already said you will be subject to prorations and month in advance garbage and a activation fee...not worth it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones