• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contract questions

elo

Oct 24, 2010
Hi there,

I'm purchasing my first Android device soon (HTC Desire HD), which is also going to be the first phone I've bought on a contract. I'm going for a contract mainly because of the ability to use 3G mobile internet without a WiFi signal. With this being my first contract phone, I have a few questions I'd like to check over before purchasing.

This is the pay-monthly contact I'm planning on going for; HTC Desire HD Mobile Phone on Pay Monthly

Firstly, am I correct in thinking that the mobile internet basically allows you to browse the web etc. anywhere you can pick up their 3G signal?

Are you able to use the Market while on the 3G connection? If I remember correctly on the iPhone you can't use the App Store if you're on 3G.

The fair use allowance of 3GB applies to the unlimited and T-Mobile state that although they won't charge you any extra for going over this amount, they will limit the way you use the internet if you go over this. Anyone know how exactly they limit you?

Thanks for reading, any help is appreciated

Elo, I clicked on the link you provided and noticed that it was on the UK site.

I also noticed that a few people were offering advice that is based on their experiences with T-Mobile USA. As such, you may have received advice that does not apply to you based on your location. You might want to speak with a representative in your country so that you don't accidentally get charged for going over your data allotment.

I also recommended adding location information to your profile and/or state your location when asking advice in the forums so that you're more likely to get information that is pertinent to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones