• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contract up in 2 weeks

I have no clue what I should do, should I stay or should I go? My Dinc is showing it's age, I'm not loyal to Verizon, but I am grandfathered in for unlimited data. Should I stay put? Also, if I don't renew right away will I lose unlimited data?

Thanks guys :)

Ashley

I would take a hard look at the RAZR MAXX if your Dinc is ready to be replaced. Rumored release date for the MAXX is Jan 26th.

DROID RAZR MAXX release date tipped for the 26th | Android Community

Also supposed to be coming with a 3300 mAh battery.

Here some specs on the phone....

DROID RAZR MAXX - Extended Battery Life - Android Smartphone - SPECS - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Reactions: thicket
Upvote 0
I would totally give me the upgrade ;)

But yea the razr maxx is looking pretty sweet. Im personally going to get the new lg phone coming out (spectrum??) because of the larger screen. Well, if it perforns to my expectations anyway, ill test it out first

As for staying put, that's what im doing. Ulimuted data, 4g, and i have had no issues with customer service at all.

Reactions: thicket
Upvote 0
In my opinion, coverage is king. Use the next couple weeks to do some research and figure out (in reality, not just on coverage maps) if another provider has better coverage in the areas you frequent.

You won't lose your unlimited data until you change away from it, or activate a basic phone. Once you're month-to-month, everything with your plan stays the same until you change something.

Upvote 0
I've been off contract with Verizon since May. Nothing changes except the fact that if you leave you won't incur a early termination fee. You can stay off contract forever. But you will start getting cold calls from Verizon retention department asking you to go back under contract (happens after 5 or 6 months). Just say no. The only reason to go back under contract is to get a new subsidized phone. Of course you can pay full price or buy a used phone to stay off contract if you need/want a different phone.

Upvote 0
I'm definitely staying put just to milk unlimited LTE. If I weren't grandfathered I'd switch to Sprint to milk that, but I am grandfathered.

The only reason Sprint is unlimited is because they are on an slower aging network.

Once they upgrade to LTE (this year), I guarantee you they will get rid of unlimited plans. 100% guaranteed.

While I don't agree with Verizons business practices and they have poor customer service, milking unlimited LTE would be in our best interests I would think considering how fast it is and how vast Verizons network is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones