• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Controlling in app functions from mainscreen

A

Android Question

Hello everyone. Ive tried searching around the web and cannot find an answer for my question. Basically what I'm trying to do is create a home automation dashboard to control multiple things like my thermostat my lighting my music and other things of this nature. My problem is i want all the control buttons to be on a main screen or a dashboard. I plan on using Insteon devices for my lighting and thermostat control, and i also plan on using a HTD MC-66 along with their smart gateway for my music control. But is there a way to set the lighting buttons from the insteon as well as the thermostat control and the music player controls all to one screen even if its a simple tile format with clickable widgets. Im fairly new to android programming so im not wanting to write an entire program for this but im not afraid to get into some code if there is already a frame work in place for this. Also This will be on a rooted Nexus 7 2nd generation.

Thanks for the help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones