• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Controlling Mobile Networks from home screen?

Eris
GSB 2.8 (or is it 4.7 - I forget, it changes so often)

To turn on mobile web I have to go to Menu>Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks.

Is there a more convenient way - perhaps a widget or app?
Dazzle promises, but doesn't deliver.

??

Sure, sort of. Settings->CyanogenMod settings->Interface->Notification power widget.

Turn on the "Notification power widget". Tap "widget buttons" and make sure that you have "Toggle mobiledata" turned on. Now, when you pull down the notification bar, you'll see the power bar at the top, and you are a tap away from toggling it (it is the one that looks like two parallel arrows, one pointing up and one pointing down.)

Ok, just thought of another. Long-press on a home screen, choose "add widget". Choose "power control". From there you can also add "Mobile data" (resist the urge to add toggle 2g/3g; I think that only works on GSM). The toggle in that looks the same - two arrows.

Reactions: notaguru
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones