1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support controlling the flash brightness

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pirate943, Sep 23, 2010.

1. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    is there a way or app to set the level of flash when taking a picture? i know it can be done because the flashlight app has levels of brightness. dont get me wrong, i love the dual LED's, but most of the time i either get a washed out image or an image thats to dark. so, is there a way that i can choose like a percentage or something of flash i want to use?

Advertisement

2. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Guest

^^^I'd like to know this as well^^^

3. DS3

DS3 New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    good question.... I would love to have that option to adjust the flash also!

4. jsjames

jsjames Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I'll throw my hat in also, the dual flash is way too bright.

5. DGRYAN1977

DGRYAN1977 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Add me as well. Personally, I think the Incredibles camera is horrible. People rave about it but I have yet to get decent pics. I get either blurry pics or pics that are too bright bc of the flash.

6. JoeIncredible

JoeIncredible Active Member

Jun 30, 2010
    The DInc takes the worst pictures with a flash that I have ever seen. Great pics with sufficient light, such as outdoors. I tried to use tissue paper to diffuse the flash as suggested in other threads, it didn't work but I may have done it incorrectly.

7. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Virginia
    A small piece of tissue paper works wonders. its easier to use if your phone has a case b/c the tissue paper can be applied behind the case. Either way, it works great for me. It's very important to remember, what ever the lighting situation, a steady hand makes for a better picture. Use a flat surface if possible, (e.g., ledge, table, shelf, etc...). Also using the "tap + hold" on the screen method helps for a clearer image. IMO

kimf likes this.
  8. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Mira Loma, CA
    I can confirm what AHanks12 said. Take the battery cover off and place a piece of tissue over the flash to diffuse it. Use the battery cover to hold it in place. It makes a world of difference.

9. kimf

kimf Active Member

Mar 3, 2010
    This is a great idea - I agree the flash is way too strong.

Can you clarify - When you say tissue do you mean kleenex tissue or gift bag stuffing type tissue?

10. MikiBee

MikiBee Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Mom extraordinaire
    Cedar Park, TX
    Either will work! I'd just use one layer of the kleenex though.

kimf likes this.
  11. jsjames

jsjames Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I have a flashlight app that 3 brightness settings, so it should be possible to adjust the brightness I would think.
    I'll have to try that tissue paper trick though.

12. smstutler

smstutler New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    I managed to diffuse mine pretty well with a dried up baby wipe. Cut 3 small pieces and layered them over each other.

13. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    i dont want to cover the lights up. i use the flash light app more then i take pictures and i love the bright light when im not trying to take a picture

14. mrootes

mrootes Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Here's what I did and it worked very well since I also did not want to cover up my LED's.

I aimed the camer then went to the light settings. I then adjusted it down to -1.

Works wonders!! Let me know how it works for you guys.