1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Convert mp3 to notification tone?

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by yammer68, Aug 4, 2010.

1. yammer68

yammer68 New Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Anyone know how to convert MP3 into a message notification sound? This is for a Incredible.

Advertisement

2. azan

azan Member

Jun 20, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I created a folder called media: sdcard/media/audio/notifications

I've placed mp3 files I want available for notifications in this file and it has worked well for me on a Captivate.

I also have the same path for call ringtones but its sdcard/media/audio/ringtones.

3. radtechy

radtechy Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    i have an incredible also....what makes it associate that folder name on the sd card with the notification list of tones?

4. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    If you just create a folder called "notifications" on the root of your SD card, when you pick a notification sound whatever mp3 you put in there will be in with all the default sounds. You can also make a "ringtones" and "alarms" folder to the same effect.

5. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    I just use RingDroid to cut the bit out of the mp3 I want to use. When you save it one of the options is as a ring/notification tone - it basically just does what is being suggested above.

6. Don Diddles

Don Diddles Active Member

Dec 31, 2009
    New West Manchester
    RingDroid is good

7. PartyGurle

PartyGurle Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Newbie to the Droid here...where do I add this folder? And I tried adding a notifications folder on the sd card, but I'm not sure I'm putting it the right place.

**Edit: Figured out what I was doing wrong...definitely was putting it in the wrong place!**