• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Convert Stylo2Plus from Metro PCS to Verizon?

thise

Lurker
Jul 6, 2012
I need to switch from Metro PCS for reliable service in rural areas. I would like to use my LG Stylo2 Plus phone on the Verizon network, but it’s incompatible. The phone is MS550, unlocked & running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, Software version MS55010i,
Build # MXB48T, Kernel version 3.18.20. I found instructions from 2013 to convert HTC phone from GSM to CDMA: https://androidforums.com/threads/guide-rom-conversion-gsm-to-cdma.739903/
Any thoughts & advice about converting the Stylo2Plus? Is the conversion process as simple as the instructions imply; i.e. just replace files? If so, where do I find compatible CDMA Rom & boot.img for the Stylo2Plus & Verizon? If it helps, Verizon supports the LG Stylo2. Thanks!

Impossible.

You can't just swap a few files and transform just any GSM phone into a CDMA ready device. Even if you were somehow able to do that with a LG Stylo 2, Verizon wouldn't let you use it on their network anyway. General rule with VZW is, if they don't sell it, they won't allow it on their network.

You either have to buy a new phone or go through a MVNO like TracFone to use their CDMA.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones