• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Convert Web Page with Dynamic Content to Image or PDF

texinwien

Lurker
Apr 12, 2012
I've installed a number of Web to PDF and Web Snapshot type apps, looking for one that will generate either an image or, preferably, a PDF snapshot of a web page as it appears in my browser at the moment I create the snapshot.

So far, I haven't found any apps that work this way - everything seems to go back and retrieve the page from the original URL, which means that the generated image or PDF file doesn't look exactly like the web page I was looking at - all dynamic content or dynamic changes that I've made to the page are 'lost'.

Are there any such apps that will do what I'm looking for?

I do know how to take a screenshot on these devices, but that's also not exactly what I want - I don't want the bottom bar in the image. I need just the web page, as it looks in my browser, without anything else surrounding it.

I'm in control of the web page, by the way - it's an online app that can be used to generate a bid for a job. I need to convert that bid, with dynamic content, into a PDF or image, without any of the surrounding Android UI elements.

Thanks again for the help, btw.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones